In partnership with Equity Trustees the Innovation in Ageing challenge is now open for expression of interest.
Equity Trustees with the assistance of The Australian Centre for Social Innovation (TACSI) wants to fund great ideas to build capability and partnerships that help older Victorian’s live, age and die well in the place that they choose, and is providing a granting pool of $200,000 over one year to make it happen.
The ageing and aged care environment in Australia is large and complex and in a current state of flux due to changing demographics and activities such as The Royal Commission into Aged Care Quality and Safety.
Equity Trustees’ Innovation In Ageing Grants Program focuses on improving the system for all and supporting innovative care programs aimed at improving lives of older Australians.
- 70% of people say that when they die, they want to die at home – but only 14% get to do so.
- 38% admissions to nursing or residential care is because a carer can’t cope with the stress of the role.
- Older people who are socially isolated have a 26% higher chance (over 7 years) to die prematurely.
Are you ready to enter the challenge?
If your organisation shares our vision to:
- Improve the lives of all older Victorians
- Develop new approaches to aged care services
- Improve the aged care system for all Victorians
- Then we invite you to take up the challenge.
What are we looking for?
Equity Trustees will consider applications from:
- Existing, charitable, not for profit organisations, institutions or bodies, providing care, comfort and accommodation to aged persons within Victoria with a particular idea they want to develop and test.
- Organisations with an idea looking at the possibility of impact in the aged care sector and who have (or are willing to establish) a partner in the aged care sector (the aged care sector partner must meet the eligibility requirements sated in point 1).
Successful grantees will receive both funding and support to develop their innovative idea.
Funding to organisations in support of the Innovation in Ageing Challenge will be awarded by August 2019.
Grants of up to $40,000 will be awarded per team with the expectation that activity will take place over a 12 month period.
Information Session: 9:30 am to 11:30 am, Friday 14 June 2019 – Register here
Expression of interest opens: Monday 17 June 2019 ( SmartyGrants link will be provided here on 17 June 2019)
Expression of interest closes: Monday 15 July 2019 – prepare your expression of interest providing all requested information and submit via SmartyGrants by midnight on 5 July 2019.
If your expression of interest is successful, you will be invited to attend the Power-up session Monday 22 July 2019 (date to be confirmed to shortlisted applicants).
Final applications will be submitted in August 2019 with grants awarded to the successful applicants by 31 August 2019.